CONDUCT OF TEST OF ENTRANCE TO GET ADMISSION INTO MAI BHAGO
1. The selection procedure for new candidates comprises four phases:-
- (a) Phase I – Issue of Advertisement / Notification. The eligibility criteria, tentative date of written entrance test and interview will be published in leading news papers in Punjab. Procedure for application, issue of admit cards, examination centres etc will be explained in detail.
- (b) Phase II. On Line application, deposit of examination fees in the bank, acceptance of application and generation of roll number & admit card.
- (c) Phase III. Conduct of written test and declaration of result and issue of detailed instructions for the conduct of Phase IV Test.
- (d) Phase IV. Physical test, psychometric test, English composition and interviews are conducted over a period of few days.
2. Following will be applicable with no relaxation to any category of applicants:?
- (a) Only girls.
- (b) Only Punjab domicile.
- (c) Should be pursuing Plus 2 (No Board restrictions i.e. CBSE, ICSE, State Board or Becker Laureate).
- (d) Age stipulations as applicable for Women Entry Schemes i.e. 16 years or more on 01 July of the year of admission into Mai Bhago AFPI
- (e) Candidate should exhibit a perceptible desire to join the Armed Forces.
3. Army, Navy and Air Force publish respective criteria in their recruitment notification. Candidates applying for Mai Bhago AFPI are still in their growing age and will be selected as per details given below, they will however be required to meet the service criteria at the time of application.
|Sr. No.||HEIGHT||WEIGHT (Kg)|
|(cm)||16-18 yrs||18-20 yrs|
4. Procedural Time Lines: The broad Procedural Time Lines for conduct of the entrance test will be as under:-
- (a) 15 Feb to 15 Mar every year – Issue of advertisement in newspapers.
- (b) By 15 Apr every year Online applications by desirous candidates, deposit of Examination Fees (@ Rs. 750 per candidate).
- (c) By 20 Apr- Validity check and generation of Admit Card upto mid April.
- (d) By 10 May – Conduct of Written Exam.
- (e) By 20 May – Compilation of results and issue list of candidates who have cleared the cut off for Phase IV Tests.
- (f) By 10 Jun – Conduct of Phase IV Tests.
- (g) By 15 Jun – Online declaration of the Final Merit List of successful candidates.
- (h) July First Week – Reporting date for candidates selected for admission in to Mai Bhago AFPI first week of July or thereafter depending upon College calendar.
How To Apply
5. The advertisements in English, Punjabi and Hindi will be published through the DPRO at DAVP rates. Copy of the advertisement will also be put up on the Institute notice board and website. These may be modified as per requirements. Candidates are required to fill the application form online by due date. Once the application are processed, intimation will be sent by mail/sms.
6. Candidates will pay non refundable amount Rs 750/- (subject to revision) as fees for filling up the form for the entrance test. This amount will be utilised by the Institute for meeting all exam and admission related expenses including fees for medical examination.
7. The entrance test will comprise one paper having two parts; General English and General Awareness. The questions will be strictly as per Plus 2 level. The questions will be objective multiple-choice type and designed for OMR evaluation. The Question Paper set in English language will have a total of 100 questions in two parts: 50 General English questions in Part I and 50 General Awareness questions in Part II. Each question will carry 4 marks. Two hours will be allotted for the test. Max marks will be 400. There will be one negative mark for each wrong answer.
8. Sample / previous year’s Question Papers should be available on the Institute web site. The Entrance Test will be conducted preferably on a Sunday/ a Holiday from 1100 hrs to 1300 hrs.
9. CDAC has been selected as the Nodal Agency for actual conduct of the examination. The CDAC will supervise overall conduct of the examination as per the existing norms. An Officer will be deputed from Mai Bhago AFPI to attend the examination at each centre and oversee the arrangements. It will be ensured that no candidate resorts to unfair means. Any candidate found using unfair means must be immediately turned out from the Examination Centre. Latecomers may be permitted up to 15 mins from the time of commencement of the exam. However, no extra time will be given to such candidates.
10. Number of Examination Centres will depend upon the number of applications. Generally, the centres will be SAS Nagar (Mohali), Jalandhar and Bhatinda so that no candidate has to travel for more than three hours to reach the allotted centre. The number of centres may be increased or decreased depending upon the number of candidates and administrative constraints.
Interview Procedure & Declaration Of Final Merit List
11. On the day of interviews first activity on arrival will be documents check and physical measurements (height and weight). Candidates not meeting the eligibility criteria will not be retained for the interview. Candidates will be advised to bring track suit/equivalent dress when they arrive for interview. Once the physical test is over they will have sufficient time to change into formals which may be carried by them. Names of short listed candidates in interview will be announced at the end of each interview day and will be required to undergo medical examination, the next day; Institute Bus will carry them to Command Hospital Chandimandir.
Approximately twenty girls will be scheduled for interview on each day. The interview process is a whole day engagement as follows:-
(a) 0700h – Candidates report at Mai Bhago AFPI
(b) 0700h to 0800h – Documentation and height/weight check
(c) 0800h to 0830h – Review of check & return ineligible candidates
(d) 0830h to 0915h – Physical test
(e) 0930h to 1030h – Psychological test including filling up of PIQ & writing of Composition
(f) 1100h to 1600h – Interview
(g) 1600h to 1700h – Preparation of results
(h) 1700h – Announcement of names of shortlisted candidates
(j) 0830h (next day) – Shortlisted candidates report for medical examination at Mai Bhago AFPI (move to Command Hospital, Chandimandir under Institute arrangements)
Assessment/Weightage And Selection Criteria
13. Candidates who qualify written test, possess all documents and are meeting the height/weight/age criteria will be retained for interview. The marks + weightage will be as under:-
(a) Written Test 100 marks. Weightage – 10%
(b) Physical Test 30 marks. Weightage – 5%
(ii) Sit ups
(iii) Push ups
(d) Composition. 5 marks Weightage. – 5%
(e) Interview. 400 marks. Weightage -60%.TOTAL 100%
14. Declaration of Merit List. The list of selected candidates (in order of merit) will be declared by the third week of June to include names of 25 selected candidates – reserve list of 10 candidates. These will be declared on the website of CDAC as well as MBAFPI.
Review Of The Policy
15. The policy may be reviewed as and when necessitated by the changed circumstances at the discretion of the management and is not offered to challenge.